For Holly Decker, makeup artistry is a way to celebrate beauty in all its forms, people in their diversity, and her own personal desire to create. Whether her clients are A-list musicians, actors, models, brides, graduates, or everyday people wanting to try something new, Holly never forgets a face and truly appreciates that she is able to foster personal connections while expressing herself through art. Holly’s talent, personality, and commitment to excellence are unrivalled in her field.
* If you could give your past self some advice, what would you tell yourself?
I would remind that young woman to stop being so hard on herself. To always trust your gut and intuition and to never let the opinions of others define yourself worth. Never ever settle.
* Do you have a mantra or phrase you live by? What is it?
Be thankful for closed doors, detours and roadblocks. They protect you from paths and places not meant for you.
What’s meant for me – will never miss me.
* What is your number one business goal this year?
My business goal is headed into some new beginnings. I am working more in film and television and expanding into teaching makeup artists. Stay tuned!
* What is your number one priority when it comes to your career and daily work?
Attention to detail, how my clients leave my chair feeling about themselves and creating an awesome work environment with others.
* What is your favourite thing about what you do in your career and why?
I get to do what I love. Create art and working with people. Being able to do what you love for work is the greatest.
* What makes you motivated on a daily basis?
My boys. They are always on the forefront of my motivation. I also always set goals and have things to look forward to. It’s always. what’s next on the horizon for me.
Connect with Holly: