Mishel Schwartz is a celebrated painter specializing in abstract art, exploring the beauty of the natural world around her.
As a young girl, Toronto-based abstract artist Mishel Schwartz used to hide on the stairs that led to her artist-parents’ studio and watch them paint live models. This innocent voyeurism was the catalyst for a lifelong passion for the arts.
The journey began with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in college, followed by a degree in Art History from McGill University in Montreal, Quebec. Mishel concluded her studies with a degree in Graphic Design from York University in Toronto.
After almost 20 years as Creative Director for a Canadian home furnishings company, Mishel took a leap of faith and plunged into the pursuit of a career as a working artist. She is emerging as a force on the Toronto art-scene, gaining recognition locally and branching out with international shows as well. In October 2019, Mishel was handpicked by a curator to show her works in the well-known Carrousel du Louvre in Paris.
Her primary medium is alcohol ink—a medium she discovered by exploring the art scene on social media. Intrigued, she began experimenting with the inks and slowly developed a technique wherein layers of colour are added, and intricate details are then carved out of the layers, giving her work great depth and mystery.
These days, Mishel spends most of her time in her studio, working on various collections as well as private commissions and collaborations with branding companies.
Here are some fabulous organizations, exhibitions, and events where Mishel Schwartz has shared her talents:
– The Other Art Fair, Group Exhibition, Chicago, 2018
– Gallery 104, Group exhibition, Soho New York, 2018
– RAW Artists Org, Group Exhibition, Toronto, ON, 2019
– Art Shopping, Carrousel du Louvre, Group Exhibition, Paris, France, 2019
– Freedom Factory Gallery, V@M Group Exhibition, Toronto, ON, 2019
– Blitz Gallery, In The Mood group Exhibition, Toronto, ON, 2019
– Arta Gallery, Celebration Women Artists Group Exhibition, Toronto, ON, 2020
– Represented by NY Online gallery, New York, 2019
– Represented by Singulart Online Gallery, Paris, France, 2020
– Represented by Kefi Online Gallery, Toronto, ON 2020
– Represented by Crescent Hill Gallery, Oakville, ON 2020
– Licensor with Icanvas.com, 2019
– Licensor with Pastell.com- Home product Development, 2020
– Licensor with www.offthewallonthefence.com Toronto, ON 2020
– Saatchi Artist, www.saatchiart.com/mishelschwartzart
– Collaboration with Pallas Snowboards Company, 2018-2019
– Collaboration with author Hali Schwartz- One Without a Second -Book Jacket Design, 2019
– Collaboration with Venus Matters Co. 2020
– Featured Artist, Artsy Shark, https://www.artsyshark.com/2019/01/10/featured-artist-mishel-schwartz/
– Award-winning artist- 9th Nature Exhibition- Light Space & Time Art gallery- For paintings, “Earth’s Intelligence” and “Breaking Out.”
Connect with Mishel: