I am loving my new mermaid locks from Philocaly Hair Extensions!
I have been wearing theses hair extensions for the last few years and love them so much.
I started with tape ins first and have worn the hand tied extensions (as well) – now I have Philocaly’s newest hair extensions – the flat wefts! I reached out to lead educator of Philocaly Hair – Kassy Moen to colour match my hair with the perfect shade for my new hair extensions. Kassy being an extension expert and senior stylist at Sage beauty bar, picked the perfect match for me.
I adore having long blonde locks and I also love a bit of a rooty blonde so Kassy recommended we install three of the 18-20’ flat wefts – two of them in “parisian dream” and one in “oh my ombre” – Philocaly Hair has always been my go to for my hair extensions.
I love supporting this local Canadian and female owned and operated business. Philocaly hair extensions are crafted using the highest quality human hair (Remy, cuticle in-tact, single donor and ethically sourced) paired with the most advanced processing techniques (no acid baths or harsh chemicals and zero silicone coating.)
Hair wefts have been around for quite some time but have gained more popularity within the last couple of years with celebrity stylists heavily using this extension technique and wefts advancing to be thinner, smaller and better. Thankfully, The weft trend is not going away anytime soon, and is a top trend for 2021 for good reason.
Philocaly Hair extensions offers two types of wefts which include hand tied wefts and flat wefts. Both of these style of wefts are extremely thin, lie close against the head and allow for the most trending hair styles such as high ponytails and top knots.
– Increase fullness and length. Hand-tied and flat weft hair extensions are one of the best types to achieve a completely natural looking. The wefts are so light and slender, unlike some extensions such as machine wefts which can be bulky and damaging on the hair.
– Damage free . Unlike other hair extensions that requires glue, tapes, heating or other chemicals, there are no any harmful chemicals used on the sewn extension application. When applied by a trained extensionist there is no damage.
– Natural appearance. Unlike traditional machine wefts, hand-tied and flat wefts are thinner and almost invisible. Because of this, they blend seamlessly with your natural hair.
These features make the hand tied and flat wefts one of the best choices when selecting extensions.
– Any styles can be done. Some hair extensions are not suitable for updos and high ponytails, however the hand-tied and flat weft extension can be worn in any style you like as they move naturally with your own hair.
– Suitable for most hairstyles. It used to be thought that hair wefts were only suitable for thick hair because machine wefts were too heavy. Now, thanks to the lightweight hand-tied and flat wefts, they are light enough to fit most types of hair, even ladies with fine hair.
With so many techniques available on the market it can seem daunting to know which method is the perfect fit for your natural hair, lifestyle and budget.
To add to this confusion, many hair extension companies are trying to market to consumers that one application method is a one size fits all.
What I love about Philocaly Hair Extensions is that they pride themselves on transparency, and they know choosing a proper extension method for your hair is extremely important for the integrity of your natural hair.
Choosing a method that is too heavy on your natural hair can lead to damage, which you never want. Philocaly Hair offers hand-tied, flat weft, tape-in and clip-in hair extensions to ensure a fit for most clients.
I love that not only do they educate their clientele but their educators are so knowledgeable at customizing the right hair for you!
Philocaly educator Kassy Moen also highlighted my natural hair to make it all come together with my new hair extensions – she gave me a bold blonde money piece in the front to keep my hair light and bright around my face. She then gave me some baby lights and teasy lights to keep the rest of my blonde soft and blended.
What I also loved so much is the hair cut Kassy gave me, she blended my natural hair and the hair extentions and what a difference that made to my hair! It’s so important when getting hair extensions installed.
Philocaly Hair offers so many different hair options- including 31 shades of hand tied and flat wefts and 23 shades of the tape in extensions – something for everyone! They also have the cutest hair accessories and silk pillowcases too, all available online!
So if you are like me and want some beautiful mermaid hair from an ethically sourced local Canadian company… Philocaly Hair Extensions is the place to shop.